Wildflowers & Palms

Every year in October the fields north of Lake Jessup come alive with a blanket of yellow wildflowers. Last year I took my camera and art supplies and walked through the fields at the Lake Jessup Conservation area. I took numerous photographs to use as references. It was still hot and humid in this area of Florida in October. As I walked through the wildflowers the bugs were still present so I didn't stop long enough to paint. One day in the studio all the artists participated in an event called Masterpiece In A Day. This event was a fund raiser for the local chapter of Meals on Wheels. I decided to create a painting featuring the Wildflowers & Palms that I experienced during that walk through the fields. At the end of the day the painting was sold to the highest bidder and the proceeds of the event were given to Meals On Wheels. It was a well accepted event and we have plans to do it again next February.

Comments

  1. That's a beautiful painting, and I'm glad it helped a great cause. I've spent a lot of time in those golden fields with my camera (and those bugs)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature