Heaven And Earth


I usually paint very representational images on paper with watercolor. However sometimes I like to leap off the edge and do something a little different, especially when it is 95 degrees outside and I am in the comfort of my air conditioned studio. I drew in the light colored roots and the moon with a masking fluid and let it dry. Then I pulled out all kinds of paint from my studio drawer and began my painting with lots of water and lots of pigments flowing together. Adding more warm colors in areas and more cool colors along the sides and in the sky. I threw is some water and some salt and let the painting dry. Sounds simple doesn't it? I repeated the process again and refined some of the tree shapes. Then I took off the masking fluid when the painting was completely dry, colored the moon and dropped in a few stars with a special secret recipe. Then the painting was done. What do you think, should I go back to documenting the landscape or continue with more of these experiences?

Comments

  1. I love this piece! I love all your work, but this is just too cool! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep experimenting! Take the road less traveled!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature