Grain Elevator


Do you know what a "Grain Elevator" is? This painting came from references of where I grew up in Ohio on a farm. While my dad was harvesting the grain and putting it into wagons, I would drive the truck from the farm to the grain elevator. There I would wait my turn in line and dump the grain into a bin and it would be stored until it was the right time to sell the grain. Depending on market conditions and when we needed money to pay the bills. I find buildings of any type interesting to paint. Especially if I have a story to tell in the painting. I put a few farmers in this painting to show it was a busy place to be. A few birds on the wires and a train track also help to tell the story. Growing up on the farm was an adventure in itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Helen Barn

Casa Feliz - SOLD