A Walk In The Park

I did a quick trip through Boston early last fall. I was only able to spend a short amount of time there and I didn't have time to do a painting but I did manage to take a few photos. When in my studio I like to experiment and push myself to create different moods and use different techniques. I started off by using masking fluid to preserve the light areas in the reflections on the waters surface and the lighter colors of the leaves on the trees. Then I painted right over these areas with a darker color. Letting some areas dry while some areas were still damp I continued to paint darker shapes to represent various values of the landscape. After these washes were dry I removed the masking fluid and painted very light washes on top of the white paper. A Walk In The Park was just a short trip from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. The next time I visit Boston I will allow an extra day to visit the museum.

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature