Wekiva River

It was a slightly cool morning in Florida, our local plein air group was supposed to be painting at Wekiva State Park. However when I got there I realized I was the only one who showed up. This is not the first time this has happened. After a brisk walk around Sand lake in my winter coat I drove back to the main springs. A flock of wild turkeys greeted me in the parking lot and I was able to photograph a couple of them up close before they scurried into the safety of their woods. There were very few patrons in the park that morning so I set up my easel right on the bridge and began painting the Wekiva River. I was inspired by new growth on the red maples. A few brave soles took early morning canoe rides and swimmers enjoyed the warmth of the water coming out of the springs. I am looking forward to painting here next month at the Wekiva Springs Paint-Out.

Comments

  1. Hi, Stewart! The wind chill talked me out of going. Glad you had a good time, though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature