Yosemite National Park

One place I always wanted to visit was Yosemite National Park. I guess my bucket list just keeps getting fuller. I didn't think I would ever have a chance to paint this park or any of its magnificent views. Then one of my students sent me some images he wanted for us to paint in class. One of these images was of Yosemite. The bright yellow of the aspen trees in fall created quite a contrast with the purple granite mountain in the background. This was a very good choice for a painting lesson. The negative shape of the dark rocks behind the light trees really made these objects contrast. Not to mention the complement of purple is yellow. A few quick brush strokes indicated the grassland and a mix of all the colors together made the stream look refreshing. Now I really want to go to Yosemite National Park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature