Seattle Seafood Market - SOLD

I just completed this painting to send to a patron in Houston. He wanted this painting done to accompany a Produce Market painting I posted on this blog on June 24. Both subjects came from the Seattle area. Having Never been there I was working from a photograph that was given to me as a reference. I used my artistic license to change certain items, making boxes and barrels look wooden instead of plastic. The seafood counter was full of Dungeness Crab that was iced down to keep it cool. And of course there was salmon on ice too. A couple of people were added to the painting to give life to the composition. I wasn't sure I would be able to paint a whole bunch of abstract shapes and get them to look like crabs but I think I accomplished it. Everyone else that looks at the painting thinks so too. How about you? SOLD

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature