St. Augustine House

Last weekend I delivered some paintings to a gallery in St. Augustine. While I wast there I did a quick tour of this nice old town and photographed some of the buildings. The history of St Augustine goes back hundreds of years and so do the buildings. I choose to do a painting of one of these old historic buildings. I was interested in the way the plaster looked and I wanted to achieve this texture on paper. I was working with arches 140# Rough and the paper texture was probably as rough as the plaster was. The sky was grey and boring in my photograph so I choose to make the sky brighter and changed it to an orange color. There was some orange in the old plaster and I also put orange into the window to reflect the sky color. It makes for a much livelier composition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature