Wisconsin Barn

I have always enjoyed painting barns, especially barns from the Northern United States. I did this painting as a demonstration for my Introduction to Watercolor class. The painting has a lot in it for the beginning student so it was a great learning demo. We learned a lot that day. Skies, trees in the distance as well as close up, a pasture and a simple barn to complete the composition. This scene came from a trip I took to Wisconsin one year. Often; when I travel, I drive off into the country with a camera and take photos of scenes I would like to paint when I get back home. It only took me six years to finally get around to painting this scene. Don't you sometimes feel the need to get back to the country?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Helen Barn

Casa Feliz - SOLD