Painting Churches - SOLD

I enjoy painting buildings, especially churches. Over the years I have painted many churches as wedding gifts, anniversaries and for other reasons. It is easy to connect with a church you belong to or one that you may have been married in. This week I was asked to paint the All Souls Catholic Church in Sanford. It is to be the wedding gift for the husband from the bride. I went on Tuesday morning to see when the lighting would be the best to photograph and paint the church. When I got there I realized the best time to do a painting of the church was right then. It was late morning and I wanted to get in the shadows before the sun was behind the front of the church. I immediately found my favorite angle and began drawing the church. The base color of the front of the subject and the shadows were one of the first things I painted. I found that there was a nice selection of flowers and crape myrtles in bloom in the landscaping for me to add into the painting. I came back the next morning to finish the painting and delivered it that night. The wedding was on Saturday. If you can think of someone who would like a painting of a church, send them my way. SOLD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature