Pike's Place - SOLD

This is one of my recent commissions. The photo reference was sent by a patron on one of his recent trips to Seattle. He previously owned his own farmers market business so I guess he was amazed at how large the Produce & Vegetable market was in Seattle. He also sent me a photo of a Seafood Market in Seattle so I will do that painting at a later date. I usually paint from my own photos but occasionally I will paint from someone else's photo if there is no way for me to take photos. When I work from my photos I usually take multiple photos at different angles and I can also take close up details of different sections. Then when I get into the studio I can spread out all the photos and take a little information from each photo to compose the painting. Sometimes I might take multiple photos and make a composition on the computer before I proceed to create the painting. I feel like I can taste the produce in this painting of Pike's Place, don't you? SOLD

Comments

  1. Great painting! I like the shadows cast by the overhead lights...and yes, I can just taste that fruit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Helen Barn

Casa Feliz - SOLD