Sailboat in Harbour


I can't resist the temptation to paint a boat. I even find them more interesting when they are not in the water. This 32-foot boat named "Liberty" was recently pulled out of the water and put up on stands in Monroe Harbour Marina. Just a short walk to my studio. First, I asked the Harbour Master for permission to paint inside his property so I could get a closer view of the rigging. For this painting, I started with the sky, then moved into the foreground and painted the sandy dirt. Next I put some colors into the white of the hull an added the dark green underside. I finished the painting by adding the middle ground behind the boat and adding the riggings and stripes. This was a plein air study for a larger painting I plan to complete in my studio. I was told the boat belongs to a man named Santa and he was fixing it up to sell. Maybe I'll just put it on my Christmas list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature