Demonstration at the Polasek Museum


On opening day of the Winter Park Paint Out I did a watercolor demonstration in the gardens. Demonstrations aren't the easiest thing to do. I had the honor of showing thirty viewers how I go about creating a watercolor painting en plein air. I was emphasizing how I think in terms of abstract shapes while painting layers in different values. After two hours of talking and non-stop painting I had finished my demonstration. I think it went pretty good as only one person got up and left before I finished. I previously painted this scene a week before as I felt I should practice before I preformed in front of an audience. Doing a painting demonstration seems just like acting in a theatrical performance, including the butterflies.

Winter Park Paint Out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Lake Helen Barn