Hide "N' Seek

A couple of months ago I was walking around Treasure Island looking for something interesting to paint. Near John's Pass I found this old sailboat morned near a boat yard. I didn't have a good view of the sailboat because of all the mangroves that were in the way. There was this one small opening that had a dilapidated dock with boards pointing out towards the vessel. Old structures and old boats are always quite interesting to me so I set up my easel and began sketching the composition. The scene was backlit; creating a lot of vibrant yellow/green leaves in the mangroves. There was so much action in the mangroves that I needed to indicate the sailboat as a few simple larger shapes so it would be viewed separately. I think my favorite part of the painting is the old dock leading you onto the sailboat. Watercolor on Arches archival paper 16 x 12.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature