Barn at Rebel Haven

There is nothing like painting an old wooden barn. They have so many stories to tell. We don't get to see many interesting barns these days where I live. A lot of them have been taken down and sometimes replaced by concrete and metal structures. Thus I have to refer to some of my old photos. This barn was on the farm where I grew up and has sense been demolished. I used go to the barn and feed the animals everyday before going to school. Sometimes I went to school smelling like an old barn. I wanted to keep the painting mostly warm earth colors to show late autumn season. I threw some salt into the still wet pigments and watched it create crystal like features that I transformed into weeds. A little red cardinal sits on a branch waiting on the first snow. Wouldn't it be nice to keep these old barns around forever?

Comments

  1. A late chestnut brown Autumn day at Rebel Haven, Ohio is the scene for this captivating old barn, long since taken down, but once the center of bustling activity and one boy's regular morning chores. Here the artist relishes telling the story of feeding the farm stock at his boyhood farm before heading off to school each day. We can almost hear the sounds of chickens and a rooster as they announce the dawn of a new day. A lone red cardinal hovers on a branch nearby waiting for the first snow as he also reflects on the joy of an earlier innocent time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Lake Helen Barn