Vegetable Salad

On Saturday mornings in Sanford there is a farmers market one block away from Gallery On First. I like to walk through the market to see what there is each week before I go to the gallery to paint. This week I picked up some vegetables with the idea that I would do a still life painting of them. I put the vegetables in a basket and then looked for an angle where the composition was pleasing. It was easy to get complementary colors next to each other, reds next to green and yellow next to violet. My value study helped determine how dark or light to go with the different shapes next to the complimentary color. In Sanford we also have lots of antiques stores. Someday I hope to make a still life out of different antiques I have picked up in town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature