Trees Along The Wekiva

Next month is the annual Wekiva Paint Out and I felt an urge to get a head start on painting for this event. I was working from a photograph I took last year; while taking a boat ride down the Wekiva River in Florida. I wanted to do this painting because it had some really bright areas of sunlight and reflections. I usually put blue in my skies, but this time I resisted the urge. The light of the sky was really bright and I wanted to silouette the trees in front of the sun. I put the painting in a frame and took it to Images Art Festival the next weekend. It quickly sold at that show. This painting now hangs in the Dean's office of the College of Arts & Humanities at one of our nearby colleges. Another college professor was traveling with the Dean and she bought a small painting also. Now I have a painting in Moscow. How about that?

Comments

  1. Internationally acclaimed artist, Stewart Jones! That's awesome. This is a great painting.. Looking forward to seeing what happens at the paint out. Sounds like a duel. Love your work, keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature