Spruce Creek

Before I traveled to Jacksonville for my recent paintout I stopped over in New Smyrna, FL. I will be doing a paintout there in November called the Canaveral Seashore Paintout. I have always wanted to visit a place called Spruce Creek that is just north of New Smyrna so I stopped there along the way. I found my best vantage point was from the top of a bird watching tower. It was pretty quiet there. Only a few other visitors found the tower as it is about a 1/4 mile walk from the parking lot. I carried my gear up the stairs (about 50 feet high) From there I could see all around. This is the view I found I liked the most with the winding creek to push you back into the painting. The marsh contains many colors in the grasses and weeds. I enjoyed watching the birds from the top of the tower as I painted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Lake Helen Barn