Two Tugs

The last day of the Jacksonville paintout I went into an area that was mostly warehouses along the St, John's River. Cargo ships would pull along the docks and unload merchandise. Lots of cars from Japan was mostly what I saw. Most places were chain link fences with locked gates. I drove around behind the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium and found these two tug boats anchored for the day. At least I hoped they would not be moving for a few hours that Saturday morning. I usually don't paint things that there of two of, preferring to paint in compositions of three. That is what I was taught. But I have been know to break rules. Two tugs, two buildings and two barrels. Well that makes three subjects that just happen to be in pairs. so I didn't break the rule after all. I think I like this painting the most from my event. Another artist called them a pair of candy canes. I liked tugs because they were different. One round in shape and one more square. I believe one pushes barges and the other pulls. Can you tell which boat pushes barges? This painting is still in a gallery show in Jacksonville.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature