Lancaster Street

I spent a week painting scenes of Jacksonville for the North Florida Land Trust. Along with 40 other artists we painted scenes from Jacksonville and other neighbor cities to raise money for purchasing land in North Florida. They are dedicated to permanently preserving natural areas and special places in North Florida. This year they wanted to keep the activity near the center of downtown thus we created many paintings of parks and historic homes in Jacksonville, Springfield and Riverside. I was traveling the first day looking for possible subjects to paint. I found a nice street scene with older homes in Riverside. I wasn't sure how to paint it until I noticed the sycamore tree, then it became obvious. I enjoy painting trees in landscapes and I also enjoy architecture. So it was easy to combine the two elements into one painting. To my back; as I was doing the painting, was the St. Jonn's River. It was a beautiful street scene on a beautiful October day.

Comments

  1. Very nice piece. It was good to see you in Winter Springs last weekend. Hope it was a successful show, your booth looked nice and filled with beautiful work. I wouldn't expect less:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawn services, tree and stump removal, planting flowers, plants, gardens, shrubs, pool landscaping, fencing, general design, landscape architecture, and lawn treatment are all common services your landscaper Arizona offers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature