Sunset With Palms

Everyday deserves a nice sunset and in Florida it happens quite often. My dream in life is to have a place where I can watch the sun go down every night; and still be young enough to paint it. But for now I will continue to travel to places where my views are not obstructed by houses and buildings. Sunsets was my lesson for last weeks watercolor workshop. I moved to Florida almost thirty years ago and took this photo of the three palms. Looking to the west at the southern tip of Merritt Island I watched the sunset many evenings and have quite a collection of photo references. This workshop emphasized how to paint the sunset and its reflections with the many variations of colors. Of course another lesson in painting palms was thrown in too. I have many sunset paintings that reflect the places I have watched the sun go down. And almost just as many sunrise paintings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Helen Barn

Casa Feliz - SOLD