Deer Crossing

Another painting from the Wekiva Paintout includes a deer running across the field in front of the viewer. There were many sightings of deer in this park; usually at dawn and dusk. As I was driving through the park this deer ran right in front of my truck. I wanted to do a painting of the pine trees in the golden field of grass that was glowing in the park. So when I saw the deer run through the field I knew this would be my inspiration. The following night; a couple of hours before sunset, I started the painting. Beginning with the warm sunset and following with the distant trees the painting started taking on life. I enjoy the technique of painting natures grass so I started painting in the basic hues of the glowing grass. I painted a few of the smaller pine trees so they would blend in with the still wet trees in the distance. The sunset rapidly and I had to pack up and finish the painting the following night. What do you think about the combination of the warm sunset and the grasses with the cool pine trees and distant forest?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature