Another painting I did while in Savannah was along River Street. It was a quiet morning and a cold front had dumped rain the night before onto the streets. It was still drizzling when I set out to paint. A cup of coffee and a donut from the local convenience store seemed like a good way to start the day. I had found a location the day before that was covered by an overhead walkway of a local hotel. After setting up camp I began painting the buildings along River Street. Once a bustling seaport in the wooden ship era, River Street now is a shopping destination for tourists. As the morning went on, I kept painting while it rained intermittently. The wind would slow down at times yet I wished I hadn't left my jacket in the motel room. I created this painting much faster than I would normally paint which helped in creating the abstract shapes and colors. I had to finish quickly, my hands were frozen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature