Tequila Sunrise

Almost every morning at the Crescent Beach Paint Out I was up in time to watch the sunrise come up over the horizon. I did a number of paintings of the sunrise that week. Sometimes I would be setting up to paint while it was still dark. This was evident one day when I realized the Arches watermark on the painting was upside down. Starting the day by painting the sunrise not only gets me started early but it loosens me up. I feel that I can create better work as the day goes on after getting that initial jump start. One particular morning I was greeted by the suns rays, alternating colors of blue and orange. I had to try to get that effect with my watercolors. The result is the painting I named "Tequila Sunrise."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature