Forces of Nature


I just completed painting in the Crescent Beach Plein Air Paintout. Over a week of painting on location along the beach and near the city of St. Augustine. Forces of Nature was an old cedar tree I found growing along the banks of a canal that led to the Intracoastal Waterway. I spent the afternoon with that tree for three days in a row. Trying to capture the light and strength that nature cast upon that old tree. The first two days I left unsatisfied, hoping I would be able to return again and finish the composition. On the third day I left joyfully, knowing I had created a nice painting. I didn't acutally know how good it was until I put it in the competition and it was voted Best of Show.

Comments

  1. Congratulations Stewart. This is a beautiful painting. Hands down this would be a winner. Take care..B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that painting! It was such a great moment when you won! Congrats. I am enjoying your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully I can take this painting and win other awards or get into shows. I just submitted this painting to be be accepted into the Transparent Watercolor Society of America annual exhibit. I found your website and I really love all the pieces you and your husband have created. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD