Cabin In The Sky

I was excited to see this old farm while on a recent trip in Colorado. The simple architecture against a scenic mountain in the background is a subject I couldn’t resist painting. There was a nice spot across the road to pull off and enjoy the fresh mountain air and take time to create this painting. I like that there are three main areas that I was able to paint rather quickly; sky, distant mountains and the close hills. Then I was able to concentrate on the row of farm buildings. Taking time to simply illustrate the architecture of each building. The hills were dotted with strokes of darker paint to indicate trees in the distance. The mountains in the background were a quick wash of a violet color. Doesn’t this view look refreshing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature