Early Morning Sky

My favorite time of day: when the sun is just coming up and I’m at the beach. Usually I look towards the sunrise but on this day I was amazed by the pink glow on the clouds as I looked to the north. The clouds were slowly moving to the east which gave me a chance to relax in my beach chair and paint the large blue wash in the sky. I left areas of white which I quickly painted in with a soft pink wash. Next I painted the sand and created the shadows of the wind blown ripples of the beach. I painted the vegetation and suggested a few sea oats blowing in the wind. No-see-ums are tiny bugs that frequent the beaches at sunrise and sunset. I did this painting quickly so I could get away from the bite of the no-see-ums.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Helen Barn

Casa Feliz - SOLD