Altamonte Chapel

A group of watercolor artists gathered at this church to do some plein air painting. This is the painting I created that day. I knew in advance that I was going to do a painting of this church so I went prior to our painting date and took some photos. On the morning of the day I planned to go to the church to paint, I decided to create the base drawing on my watercolor paper in advance before leaving the house. This way I could take my time and not feel rushed when I arrived to paint. With plein air painting you only have a few hours to paint before the sun completely changes the colors and shadows. The Altamonte Chapel was designed by a Boston architect and built in 1885 on Lake Brantley, 4 1/2 miles from its present location in Altamonte Springs. A little bit of history I picked up while talking to a person that worked at the church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature