The Barn On The Hill

Growing up on a farm in the midwest gave me lots of opportunities to see barns in the rural areas of Ohio. I still frequent this area to visit with family and friends. I like to travel the backroads looking for barns and other interesting scenery to paint. This is a barn I probably drove past over a hundred times because it was located between two different farms that I worked on with my family. It sits on a small hill overlooking the road and a small valley. I like to find barns that have a tile footer at the base. This is seldom used in new construction. New barns are constructed out of steel and aluminum. When I paint barns; I find the older structures are much more interesting and have more of a story to tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature