Sunrise at New Smyrna Beach

A recent Plein Air event took me to New Smyrna Beach, FL to paint with twenty other artists to support Cape Canaveral Beach National Park. I don't get to the beach often enough in the early morning to watch the sun come up, so I took advantage of this event and did a series of sunrise paintings. The morning sunrises provided me with various atmospheric opportunities to paint the sky. I enjoyed painting the sun shining through the clouds as well as the way light lights up the sides of the clouds. One morning I was able to catch the end of a thunderstorm that passed by earlier that night. I was on the way to the beach and thought I might not be able to paint because of the storm but was delighted to see it had moved offshore. You can check out some of the artists and their paintings at http://www.friendsofcanaveral.com/paintout/2016po_pix/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Lake Helen Barn