Stems & Things

This flower bouquet was originally designed by my daughter for a wedding in a nearby town. She operates a flower design company Stems & Things. I painted this arrangement with students in my painting class. We simplified the flower shapes and leaves to create the final painting. Watercolor is a great medium to paint flowers with. It is fun to paint the flowers with lost & found edges. I like to overlap flowers to show dimension. The flowers are white and orange ranunculus, pink garden roses, white rice balls and lavender. The greenery is bay leaves and eucalyptus leaves. I changed the vase from the original image because I wanted to show how stems appear to change direction when submerged into the water.

Comments

  1. Loved this flower arrangement! Your daughter is really a creative person. I hope to find someone similar back here in Chicago as my cousin has booked wedding venues Chicago for her wedding and asked me to do all arrangements.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature