Wekiwa Moonlight


Last week I painted with 24 other artists at the Wekiva Plein-Air Paintout. This is my moonlight scene showing the cabins the artists stay in during the week long event. The weather was very good this year as compared to other years when a cold front usually catches us in early March and we spend a few chilly nights trying to keep warm. This painting was started from the porch of my cabin as the moon was rising. I finished it after the event ended. I haven't done many night scenes because it is difficult to paint in the dark with watercolors and they don't dry very quickly. This is one of my favorite paintings from the event this year and I look forward to doing my next nighttime painting. This painting is 15 x 11 and the framed size is 18 x 14.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature