Bar at Wekiva Island - SOLD



The Bar at Wekiva Island in Florida burned down on Oct 7, 2013. The fire that destroyed this popular Longwood bar may have been caused by a malfunctioning power strip. The owners asked if I would do a painting of the bar for them. I had taken some photos of the bar on previous years when I participated in the Wekiva Paint Out. The bar was always a popular spot for artists to go to as well as patrons during the paint out. I don't know why I didn't paint the bar before. Probably because of the canoes that were stacked on the top of the building. I was afraid that it would be hard to understand what they were if you had never been there before. I worked from my reference material to rebuild the bar in the painting. I changes some architectural angles and added people to add life to the scene. The bar may be gone but the canoe rental, chairs and a view of the Wekiva River are still there. What more do you need? Yes, you can still buy beer there too. SOLD

Comments

  1. I like your cheery colors in this painting. It is comforting to look at and kind of nostalgic. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Lake Helen Barn