Lake Maitland Sunrise

I enjoyed getting an early start this morning on Lake Maitland. August is typically a hot month and I sometimes get up early, run the boat for a few minutes, do a quick painting and head back home well before the mid day sun burns through the clouds. As I was painting the sunrise; a scull rowing boat passed by. A scull is a rowing boat used in the sport of competitive rowing.  It is designed for a single person who propels the boat with two oars, one in each hand. This rower was out enjoying the early morning as was I. Nothing is more spectacular than watching the sunrise. Painting the sky and the reflections in the water is a challenge I like to give myself often. I really liked the way the sunlight created a sparkle on the water this morning. Don't you think the scull and rower created a dramatic focal point to the composition?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature