Boat Docks

I was recently part of a group of artists participating in a marine and wildlife exhibit at a local Art Gallery in Orlando. I was asked to work on a painting in the gallery while the patrons were viewing the art that was available for sale. I had recently been to Cedar Key and thought that a painting of that area would be a good subject to work on. I enjoyed my short stay there at Cedar Key. I spent a lot of time walking around the old boat docks and viewing the boats from the spaces between the mangroves. Some of the old boat docks are in dire need of repair and for some reason I am attracted to them. Perhaps it is because I don't have to draw a straight line. Are you one of those people that say you could never be an artist because you can't draw a straight line?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature