Lake Maitland Morning

Sitting on a boat and painting is one of my favorite pastimes. I feel as if I am the only person in the world and nothing else matters. Once is a while a boater will come by on a kayak and nod as they pass by. They are probably wondering what I am up to. Then there is the guy with the oversized boat and wake boarder that come too close to me and create waves that make it difficult to paint. After a few minutes they are gone and I am allowed to continue in peace. This is a painting from Lake Maitland. Most of the lakefront is built with houses on the shoreline. Sometimes I prefer to just leave the houses out of the painting. When searching for a place to paint on a lake, I usually look for a place that is secluded and in the shade on the hot days of summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Lake Helen Barn