Cedar Key

Spending a few days in Cedar Key was like stepping back in time. Quite a nice area to enjoy boats, marshes and sunsets. The last evening there, we were there provided with a beautiful sunset from The Hideaway Tiki Bar just before Tropical Storm Beryl set it. I was able to get up the next morning and do two paintings before the bands of rain started to sprinkle drops of water on my watercolor paintings.
One of the most photographed sites is the now dilapidated pier; which used to have a small house on it. I resisted the temptation to paint it, until I saw the wonderful colors of the morning clouds before the storm set in. Then I headed for that old pier, knowing I I had just the right opportunity to paint it in front of the sunrise.

Comments

  1. I love visiting Cedar Key, you've captured the mood perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the view with the heavy rain in the distance. This is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature