Vermont Covered Bridge

I watched the news last week about the flooding in Vermont. They showed a covered bridge being swept away in the floods. On a trip to Vermont about six years ago I photographed a few covered bridges that were near my brothers home. Searching for subject matter; the news reminded me of my trip to Vermont and I pulled some images from my archives to work from. I exaggerated the fall colors a little bit to make the background hills appear to be more lively. I kept the sky simple with a dark to light coloration so it would not compete with the old covered bridge. The three trees on the left were used to pull you down from the sky to the foreground. The road leads you right into the center of interest; the covered bridge, where I put the most visual contrast, darks next to lights. Wouldn't you enjoy a trip to Vermont?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature