Old Boat at JB's

I found this old boat pulled up on the shore at JB's Restaurant in New Smyrna Beach, FL. It's hard for me to resist painting an old boat. This one was no exception. There were larger and more modern boats with a large dock in place of the old dock I painted. I decided to leave them out. The sky was brushed in quickly, and left alone so that it did not compete with the rest of the painting. I placed dark colors next to the white of the boat and light colors next to the dark bottom of the boat. This helps to make the boat stand out. I used splatter techniques on the foreground sand to get the granular effect. The last value I painted was the shadow in the bottom right on the sand. I needed some color there to keep your eye in the composition and not following the foreground out of the painting. Are you ready for a boat ride?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature