Marked for Demolition - SOLD

I drove past this bright green colored house while I was looking for subjects to paint for the Winter Park Paint Out. I noticed this large tree in front of the old green house, then I passed it by. I thought about it as I drove around the block and then came back the second time. Then I noticed the "Marked For Demolition" sign posted on the door. Sometimes the odd subjects stand out and make for an interesting painting, such as this lime colored green house. I couldn't resist painting the houses with the large overgrown trees in front. I knew that this house was probably going to be demolished in the near future so I decided to get out my easel and paint a memory. I enjoyed the way the large overgrown trees partially hid the buildings and how they cast shadows upon the house, sidewalk and the street. I framed the painting that night and it was sold during the Winter Park Paint Out event. SOLD

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature