Plein Air Painting

A week of painting the Wekiwa State Park and the Wekiva River is always a treat for a plein air artist. I was able to wake up in the morning and walk out the cabin door to see Lake Prevatt. The water level of the lake was much lower this year than last year. However this meant a feeding frenzy for the birds that gathered in the small pools looking for bits of food to eat. Nearly a hundred wood storks, egrets and other birds gathered to participate in the mornings and continued throughout the day. Quite a few deer and turkeys also walked into the open area to get to the water.
The springs were always crystal clear and made painting along the springs a cool comfortable place to set up my easel. Downstream, I found a few wonderful places to paint to paint also. I have quite a collection of paintings from the state park and the river that I created during the last two years. I'd be happy to put together a show some day. Maybe in June at Gallery On First, let me know if you would like to attend. SOLD

Comments

  1. Well of course I'll attend! Can't wait to see the new Wekiva series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature