Kiawah Island Marsh

Having the chance to complete my first plein air painting of the year took me to Kiawah Island S.C. I was visiting a friend for the New Year holidays and took the opportunity the first day to go out early and find a place to paint. I had it in my mind I wanted to paint the marsh in the winter. The earthly colors attracted my attention instead of the typical green pallet in Florida. There were not many places to park my car among the million dollar homes & golf courses but I did find a place at Bass Pond. I carried my gear to an opening where the water juts in close to shore. Walking around I found a lot of deer tracks. When I was half done with the painting, a deer went right through the marsh in front of me. I snapped a couple of quick photos and I plan to do a larger painting back in the comforts of my studio. By the way, it was 35 degrees when I did this painting. The gloves on my hands allowed my to paint for quite a few hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Forces of Nature