Painting Instructions- Old White House

I've recently started a class to teach watercolor painting. After thirty years of practice I've decided I must have something to share. The first two weeks I instructed seven students at Gallery on First. I did a demonstration in class and the students followed along. The subject was painting a white house in a simple landscape. I found a photo of an old house nearby and did a simple drawing. I started with the sky and then put some light colors into the building. I didn't let the sky dry before I started dropping colors in for the distant foliage. Mixing the different shades of green and adjusting values to make an interesting composition. I painted in the fence, darkened the side of the house and added shadows. The painting looks better than the old house did. If some one you know would like watercolor classes, please contact me so I can pay the rent on my "Old White House."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Heaven And Earth