Wekiva River

This is a painting of the Wekiva River I did as a demonstration at the
Central Florida Watercolor Society. The Wekiva River is a 30 mile river starting in two separate fresh water springs in Central Florida and ending in the St. Johns River. I previously did a plein air study at this location and a value sketch to work out the basic composition. My demonstration was to emphasize how I use plein air paintings as reference material for my later studio work. I enjoy adding figures to my work and put the two men in the boat going down the river, just as I had experienced on the day I did the plein air painting.

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! Makes me want to go there-- I haven't been in so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, it is very inviting. I guess there are pythons in some of the springs/rivers around here, be careful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stewart this is Lisa Buck, I was the very lucky lady to recieve your Kelly Park watercolor. I've enjoyed your sight and look forward to paintung plein air with the group this winter.You can check out my sight at http://lisabuck.com/ Merry Christmas- Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Feliz - SOLD

Lake Helen Barn